We're thrilled to share with you the latest issue of the International Journal of Medical Students (IJMS), a vibrant tapestry weaving together diverse and critical themes in the world of medicine and health education.
This edition delves into the often unseen impacts of global crises - from war to climate change - on medical education and healthcare delivery. You'll discover enlightening perspectives on the unique challenges and innovations in medical training, ranging from advanced learning techniques to the ethical dimensions shaping tomorrow's healthcare professionals. We also bring to light compelling narratives, including a medical student's personal diagnostic odyssey and inspiring stories of community impact, that underscore the human element at the heart of medical practice. This issue not only highlights the challenges but also celebrates the resilience and creativity in the medical community, offering insights that promise to inspire and provoke thought in equal measure.
Join us on this enlightening journey and explore a world where medicine, ethics, and global health intersect in fascinating ways.
We are also very pleased to announce that preparations for the 2024 IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research (WCMSR) are in full swing. The next conference will be held on October 26th, 2024, on the IJMS YouTube channel (view last year's conference here).
Medical students and recent graduates (up to 3 years after graduation) can present their research to a global audience. The call for abstract submission will open on June 1st 2024 and close on August 31st at midnight EDT. Even if you are not participating in this conference, you may attend the live event as part of the audience. Get a notification and register here.
Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.
The IJMS Editorial CommitteeVol. 11 No. 4 (2023) Editorial
- The Silent Casualties: War's Impact on Medical Students and Medical Education
- Time to Treat the Climate and Nature Crisis as One Indivisible Global Health Emergency
- Awareness, Coverage, and Barriers to COVID-19 Vaccination among Undergraduate Students in Nigeria
- The Effect of Spaced Repetition Learning Through Anki on Medical Board Exam Performance
- Evaluating Medical Students' Knowledge of Medical Malpractice: A Pilot Study
- Prognostic Factors of Survival in Veno-Arterial ECMO Patients: A Multivariable Logistic Regression Analysis
- A Review of Palliative Care Service Delivery Models and Patient Outcomes for Adults with Cancer in Selected East and Southeast Asian Countries
- A Narrative Review on Quality Improvements for Radiology Clerkships from Medical Student
- Pulmonary Thromboembolism in Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis: A Case Series Highlighting the Importance of Early Diagnosis and Management
- A Case-Based Discussion Supporting Ethics Education in Medical Schools
- The Life of an Editor: Dr. Russell Van Gelder, MD, Ph.D., Editor in Chief of Ophthalmology, the Journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- From Symptoms to Diagnosis: A Medical Student’s Experience in Solving Her Own Mystery
- My Experience Building a Water System in a Small Rural Community in the Dominican Republic
- Mitigating Physician Emigration in Nigeria by Improving the Internship Experience