New Issue Published at the International Journal of Medical Students
It is our pleasure to share the latest issue of the International Journal of Medical Students (IJMS).
We are very pleased to announce that preparations for the first IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research (WCMSR), to be held on November 12th, 2022 in the Journal's YouTube channel, are in full swing. Medical students and recent graduates (up to 3 years after graduation) can present their research to a global audience.
The abstract submission system is open and we invite you to explore this opportunity. If you are interested in participating in this competition, please go through the conference rules and regulations. The deadline for abstract submission is October 15th, 2022. Even if you are not participating in this conference, you may attend the live event as part of the audience. If you have any queries or need assistance, please visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Link to the WCMSR info-session video.
In this issue, we are sharing early-career scientists' research from all over the world. Topics go from medical education to COVID-19, public health issues, and general medicine topics. We hope you enjoy this issue as we did in its preparation.
Vol. 10 No. 3 (2022) Editorial
- Research Grant Proposal Writing Course for Students in Higher Institutions Genevieve Dable-Tupas, Victoria Toralba-Lupase, Juan C. Puyana, Mihnea-Alexandru Găman
- The State of Medical Education in a Post-pandemic World Ahmed Nahian, Richard Christian Suteja, Duha Shellah, Ciara Egan, Mihnea-Alexandru Găman, Francisco J. Bonilla-Escobar
- Factors Associated with Poor Sleep among Young People in Mauritius: A Survey-Based Study Yudisha Devi Ramdhany, Smita Sulackshana Devi Goorah, Jayrani Cheeneebash, Ritwij Niketan Oodun
- Roles and Functions of a Non-Academic Medical School Facebook Page from the Student Perspective: A Study of Usage and Survey Data Qi Zhuang Siah, Ella Sykes, Caitlin Golaup, Julie Browne
- Bearing the Burden of Tick-Borne Encephalitis in Europe, 2012-2020: Rising Cases, Future Predictions and Climate Change Aswathy Varma, Marta Szlaszynska, Assaf Ben-Haim, Neofytos Ilia, Silvia Tarricone, Justyna Lewandowska-Bejm, Francesco Visentin, Annalisa Gadler
- Comparison of Quality of Life of Medical Students in Annual and Modular System in Public Sector Medical Colleges in Karachi, Pakistan Ayema Haque, Sobia Mansoor, Farheen Malik, Jawad Ahmed, Zeba Haque
- Acceptance of COVID-19 Vaccine Among Unvaccinated Filipinos Pamela Pagador, Adrienne Pacleb, Mikaela J. Ormita, Frances E. Valencia, Danz H. Velasco, Rosemarie Josue-Dominguez
- Satisfaction of Medical Students with Surgical Training: A Survey of Northern Italy Gabriela Azevedo Sansoni, Patrizia Borzi, Preetha Karki, Shahzeen Khan Sajid, Anastasia Semikhnenko, Aswathy Varma
- Exploring Adult Patients’ Perceptions and Experiences of Telemedicine Consultations in Primary Care: A Qualitative Systematic Review Jack Allen
- A Cadaveric Study on the Anomalous Origin of Renal and Gonadal Vasculature: An Observational Study Penelope C. Farris, Dylan M. Macciola, Lauren N. Barazani, Justin R. Nathan, Danielle Quinn, Daniel F. Peters
- Working at a Cancer Research Laboratory as a Medical Student: Experience of an Indian Student Studying Medicine in Russia Shinjit Mani
- Medical Students’ Engagement in the Fight Against the COVID-19 Pandemic: Remote Monitoring of Home-Quarantined Patients and Vaccination Teams. Reflections on the Experience and the Learning Outcomes Angeliki Gardikioti, Aikaterini Vasiliki Touriki, Spyridon Graidis, Aikaterini Antonia Mpourtzinakou, Evangelia Savvidou, Odysseas Lomvardeas, Dimitra Foteini Pourtoulidou, Magda Gavana, Emmanouil Smyrnakis
- Assess, Adapt, & Innovate: An Effort to Ensure Sustainability of Medical Student-led Community Engagement during the COVID-19 Situation in Indonesia Angelina Patricia Chandra; Stella Kristi Triastari, Shafira Aurelia, Muhammad Mikhail Athif Zhafir Asyura