New Issue Published at the International Journal of Medical Students
It is our pleasure to share the latest issue of the International Journal of Medical Students (IJMS).
We are also very pleased to announce that preparations for the 2023 IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research (WCMSR), to be held on October 7th, 2023 in the IJMS YouTube channel (view last year's conference here), are in full swing.
Medical students and recent graduates (up to 3 years after graduation) can present their research to a global audience. The deadline for abstract submission is tomorrow, September 30th at midnight EDT. Even if you are not participating in this conference, you may attend the live event as part of the audience. Get a notification and register here.
Vol. 11 No. 3 (2023) Editorial
- Scientific Conferences for Medical Students: Why do We Need more Spaces for Students to Enhance Research? Amy Phelan, Prakash Gupta, Mihnea-Alexandru Găman, Juan C. Puyana, Francisco J. Bonilla-Escobar
- Reducing the Risks of Nuclear War—the Role of Health Professionals Kamran Abbasi, Parveen Ali, Virginia Barbour, Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, Marcel GM Olde Rikkert, Peng Gong, Andy Haines, Ira Helfand, Richard Horton, Robert Mash, Arun Mitra, Carlos Monteiro, Elena N. Naumova, Eric J. Rubin, Tilman Ruff, Peush Sahni, James Tumwine, Paul Yonga, Chris Zielinski
- Student Perspectives on E-Learning in a Malaysian Medical College One Year into the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Cross-Sectional Study Sylvia Wei Wei Kong, Jade Lene Yong, Sabrina Pei Yee Cheong, Edmund Liang Chai Ong
- Stereological Estimation and Zonal Distribution of the Hepatotoxic Effects of Doxorubicin on the Female Albino Rat (Rattus Norvegicus) Khulud Nurani, Anne Pulei, Beda Olabu, Jeremiah Munguti, Talha Chaudhry, Vincent Kipkorir
- The Role and Impact of Dyslexia Awareness Workshops in the Medical Curriculum Mitchell Osei-Junior, Mayya Vorona
- HLA-DQB1*0301 in Bullous Pemphigoid and Pemphigus Vulgaris: A Meta-Analysis Dylan Thibaut, Ryan Witcher, Breana Barnes, Kersten T. Schroeder
- From Student to Physician: Determining Which Lifestyle Behaviors May Be Risk Factors for Burnout at a South Florida Medical School Rachel Lin, Heather Woolery-Lloyd, BreAnne Young, Sonjia Kenya
- Walking the Walk: A Review of Medical Students’ Perspective of a Surgical Theatre as the New Classroom Tamara A. Mallia, Sarah Cuschieri
- Pseudo-Chilblains in Adult Patients with Confirmed COVID-19: A Systematic Review Seon Hayles, Kelsey Williams, Nidhi Thomas, Jabari Morgan, Donna Braham, Maxine Gossell Williams, Jonathan D. Ho
- Early Point of Care Ultrasound Training in Medical Education, Making the Case with a Case Report James Wilcox, Bret Lawson, Andrew Gauger
- A Rare Case Report of Neurological Condition: Moersch-Woltman Syndrome with Positive Anti-GAD Antibodies Aakanksha Pitliya
- Addressing Bias among Medical Care Teams on the Wards: A Perspective from Asian Medical Students in the United States Jesper Ke, Ellen Zhang, Kate Lee, Hueyjong Shih, Chin Hur
- Decreasing Medication Delays: Maximizing the Efficiency of Patient Assistance Program Applications Through an Electronic System at a Student-Run Free Clinic Jasmine A. Liu-Zarzuela; Chelsea T. Nguyen, Dominique B. Johnson
- Global Surgery Research: An Overview and the Role of Medical Students and Surgical Trainees in Advancing Global Surgery Research in LMICs Yvan Zolo
More details about how to participate, submit, and be part of the WCMSR, a fantastic medical education experience, can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw25V3_7zyI
The WCMSR will be held on October 7th, 2023 on the Journal's YouTube channel.
Register here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqO3DfVDvxg.
Each accepted abstract will be published in the Supplement of Volume 11 at December 16th, 2023 with a unique DOI (see the previous conference abstracts here). You can opt-out from publication of your abstract. We will award several different categories, so don't miss out on this opportunity to showcase your research.Register Here!